Health Services & School Nurse
Jessica Vadala, RN
315-852-3400 x 7112
- Please monitor your child daily and keep him/her home if they are not feeling well. If you think your child is sick OR if they are displaying ANY of the symptoms of COVID-19, please keep them home.
- Signs/Symptoms of COVID: Fever (over 100°) or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
- If your child displays any of these symptoms during the school day, they will be assessed in our “isolation room” and remain there until their ride arrives. Please make sure we have the most up-to-date contact information for you. If you will not be available to pick your child up during school hours, please have emergency contacts in place and available to pick up if needed. Please make every effort to have your child picked up within 1 hour of phone call from nurse.
- In order to return to school after displaying symptoms of COVID-19, a child must:
- Have no symptoms OR temperature above 100.0° for 24 hours WITHOUT medication (ex: Tylenol, Mortin, etc) AND
- A doctor’s note stating alternate diagnosis and may return to school, OR
- A negative COVID test
- When picking up an ill child from school, please follow this new protocol:
- Pull into the side parking lot near the nurse’s office.
- Ring the door buzzer and tell security you are here to pick up an ill child.
- Security will call the isolation room and a staff member will bring your child to the side door for sign out.
Annual screenings (height, weight, vision and hearing) will be conducted for new entrants and students in Grades 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 11. Screening results will be mailed to parent/guardian. Please contact the school nurse's office at (315) 852-3400 Ext 7112 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish for your child to be screened.
Your child's annual Health Examination (physical) will be requested in grades PK, K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.
With flu and cold season around the corner, please remember the following preventative measures:
Wash hands - Often with soap and water for 20 seconds
Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of contaminated tissue promptly and wash hands
Keep sick child home until symptom-free for 24 hours
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
Avoid kissing, hugging and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick
Disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as toys or doorknobs
Seek medical attention for symptoms of illness
For children who have a history of asthma or reactive airway disease and have current medical orders for rescue inhalers, make sure your child has access to this medication. Make sure the school nurse has current orders for ALL medications (ALL medication orders need to be renewed at the beginning of EACH school year) and has the current medication - see below for medication administration forms
Please make sure the school has up to date contact information for parents and emergency contacts.