Health Services & School Nurse
Jessica Vadala, RN
phone: 315-852-3400 x 7112
Updated (9/1/22) COVID Information:
- Please monitor your child daily and keep him/her home if they are not feeling well. If you think your child is sick OR if they are displaying ANY of the following symptoms of COVID-19, please keep them home.
- Signs/Symptoms of COVID: Fever (over 100°) or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea
- If your child displays any of these symptoms during the school day, they will be sent home. Please make sure we have the most up-to-date contact information for you. If you will not be available to pick your child up during school hours, please have emergency contacts in place and available to pick up if needed. Please make every effort to have your child picked up within 1 hour of phone call from nurse.
- A student testing positive for COVID must isolate for 5 days with the first day of symptoms being day 0. Isolation is over at midnight on day 5. If the student has no symptoms, day 0 is the day of the positive test result. At this time, NYS Department of Health is recommending students/staff/teachers who are positive, to wear a mask upon return to school for days 6-10.
- It is RECOMMENDED by NYS DOH that anyone who has been exposed to a positive COVID case wear a mask for 10 days after the last known exposure. It is also recommended to get tested with the onset of any symptoms and/or on day 5 after exposure.
Annual screenings (height, weight, vision and hearing) will be conducted for new entrants and students in Grades 1, 2, 3, 5, 7 and 11. Screening results will be mailed to parent/guardian. Please contact the school nurse's office at (315) 852-3400 Ext 7112 or e-mail email@example.com if you do not wish for your child to be screened.
Your child's annual Health Examination (physical) will be requested in grades PK, K, 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11.
With flu and cold season around the corner, please remember the following preventative measures:
Wash hands - Often with soap and water for 20 seconds
Cover your cough/sneeze with a tissue, then dispose of contaminated tissue promptly and wash hands
Keep sick child home until symptom-free for 24 hours
Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
Avoid kissing, hugging and sharing cups or eating utensils with people who are sick
Disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as toys or doorknobs
Seek medical attention for symptoms of illness
For children who have a history of asthma or reactive airway disease and have current medical orders for rescue inhalers, make sure your child has access to this medication. Make sure the school nurse has current orders for ALL medications (ALL medication orders need to be renewed at the beginning of EACH school year) and has the current medication - see below for medication administration forms
Please make sure the school has up to date contact information for parents and emergency contacts.